Vein ablation in Thessaloniki
What is Laser Vein ablation?
Laser Vein Ablation (EVLA) is a minimally invasive technique used to treat chronic venous insufficiency by collapsing and eventually closing the pathological vein to prevent the progression of venous disease, including painful swollen varicose veins.
The procedure is virtually painless thanks to the help of a liquid anaesthetic injected around the vein before the procedure. During laser vein ablation, a catheter is inserted into the defective vein through a small puncture on the knee. Using ultrasound guidance, a fiber optic is inserted into the length of the vein where it is heated. This damages the vein wall, causing the vein to collapse and sealing. Once the vein is closed, the body automatically transfers blood flow to healthy veins and the vein becomes scar tissue that will eventually be absorbed into the body.
The process is completed in less than 1 hour.
What are the advantages of laser clearing?
- There isn't any use of general anaesthesia.It only requires local anaesthetic
- The procedure takes place in an hour or less
- There is no cost of hospital care
- Removing symptoms with quick recovery and return to everyday life
- Success rate of 98% in the treatment of Chronic Venous Deficiency
- No ugly scar or incisions
- Less pain after treatment with statistics reported by patients
- It is a medically necessary treatment and is covered by most insurance
Laser vein ablation is a minimally invasive solution to venous surgery for the treatment of varicose veins and the common cause of venous insufficiency. This progress in the treatment of varicose veins offers patients safe results without pain, no bleeding and shorter recovery times than traditional procedures. Dr.Mavros and his team are the only specialized medical center in Northern Greece to perform the laser vein ablation technique with excellent results.